Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Experiences from Week 1!

Greetings to everyone who is reading this blog! I'm Jason from Taylor's The Design School and I am currently blogging this for my Principle Of Design also known as POD subject, led by Ms.Fu. As you can see, this is my first week for my Foundation in Design programme but not my classmates because  I transferred myself from Foundation in Natural Built and Environment (FNBE) to Foundation in Design. Hence, my very first FID class was last Tuesday. I was briefed personally by Ms. Fu  herself about the assignment that my classmates are doing. It was fun yet challenging for me because I need to catch up the assignment's progress as they are in their week 3, whereas I am in my first week. LOL! 

The assignment that was briefed to me was creating two mind maps which is a mind map about myself and a mind map of an art movement that I am gonna refer to a portrait of myself. Moreover, I was also tasked to draw five portraits of myself with different facial expression. It was kinda hard as I am not that good with sketching as compared to my classmates. Honestly, it was a challenge!! The portraits took forever! However, I had so much fun with it as I met some of new crazy friends from my programme. It was an awesome first experience for me!


Here are some mind maps that I had mentioned about..




Mind map about myself... Jason!





The art movement that I had chose which is Cubism


The reason I am choosing Cubism is because the bold colours and edgy shapes that the  Cubist artist execute in just a simple portrait of any objects, models and so much more. Moreover, cubism suits me well because the shapes and colour that are both gutsy and bold that reflects my personality the most. 



In case you guys don't really much about cubism, here are the examples of  some artworks I've found from the internet about the movement.








On the other hand, I was tasked to draw five portraits of myself with different facial expressions and whatnot. Here are some of the sketches I've done to it..:)






Hope you guys liked it! :D



1 comment:

  1. hey. who's an artist of cat art movement that you took?

    ReplyDelete