Monday, August 31, 2015

The Final Portrait

So I have been working my ass of and also shown the media explorations to Ms Fu and asked her opinions about my final portrait that I am going to execute in a A3 size. After taking a look of all of my media explorations, Ms Fu suggested to me that its good for me to use the painting technique for the final portrait on a water colour paper or in a canvas. I have come up to my mind to use the water colour paper and mount it on a mounting board because I am planning to use only poster colour instead of acrylic paint. The reason I am not painting in acrylic is because I there is too many shapes I need to paint which is kinda hard and moreover, I am not that good in mixing acrylic colours. So I have painted my face and the body as well by referring the previous A5 portrait I had painted before but with some touch ups. I also painted the background with poster colours as well but with a toned down colour on it to make sure that it is not complicated and overwhelmed. Toning the colour down is just very easy, mixing a lot of white ink into the particular paint to achieve pastel colour. Simple as that!

Here are some of the process of final portraits..





Halfway there!


After several hours of paintings and sketching patterns, the end product had came out and it was a relieving day! I had finally finished my first assignment!!! Here's the portrait! Hope u guys liked it!

The Final Portrait of Myself


I've presented it to the class last Tuesday and it was a sigh of relief! It was fun yet challenging during the process of making this portrait.

So here's to sum up my very first Principle of Design's assignment. It was a fun yet challenging week throughout the process of executing this assignment but none of this will work without Ms. Fu's help and suggestions.Thanks a lot Ms Fu! This won't work without you! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my blog and see you guys very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment