Sunday, March 27, 2016

Assignment 2

Heyyyy there! It's been a while after my post about the progress of my 2D's assignment and so, here it is! 

Basically, for assignment 2, it's a continuous project from assignment 1 which is choosing one icon from the 20 images from what we drew and explored using different media. My icon is eye and I chose one of the eye consist of three colours, red, blue, violet and the other two aromatic colours are black and white! Here is the icon that I have chosen, just to clarify it......


Right after choosing it, we were ought to extract these colour spectrum and then paste it in a colour stripes which can be in a free way. We can make it evenly, horizontally, vertically or whatnot. These are the examples on how we should execute it.








We are free to do free-hand or Adobe but, to be honest, colouring in Illustrator makes life way more easier. It just saves my time, it's neat, colour scheme is very accurate and above all, OUTCOME is very satisfying! Here are my colour scheme!


Colour scheme, A3, mounted with art card 


Later, we also have to create a wallpaper, A3 size using either Illustrator or by hand. But, most of the assignment were executed by AI and AP as it mostly turn out as what I imagined. Now back to business, the wallpaper have to be the icon that I chose and it can be added by several icons but the icon I chose has to be star. I make several research about how I wanted to be and finally I saw one wallpaper that is very inspiring I decided to do it , but in my own way. 




After several ideations, I decided to make a little more like a 'pop-art' inspired wallpaper where there were many repeated eyes in  a 'BOOM!' sign in different sizes and hundreds of polkadots surrounding them. Because my eye are already a little clip-art looking, so I just execute it in this way as it will look more like a 'expensive' or clean looking wallpaper, somehow simple and nice.

Inspiration, 'Pop-Art' style


The process, using both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator

Printed wallpaper on A3 size paper only

Then, the we have to create an initial from our name and put it in our colour scheme. I did some research also and then combine it all in one. Making an initial of my own letter, J, Jason. Here are some of the photos I've taken as ideas...






I later, drew and scanned my initial which consist of a monster got eaten by a carnivorous and hungry fish, remaining these two images in a letter 'J'.

Before being transferred into AI, hand drawn and scanned

The process in AI, changing to bubbles instead of gills

Final Outcome

FINALLY, the last thing we should do is designing a packaging from a paper bag that miss gave to us. So, I decided to come out with a logo for my brand which is a lion. I choose lion because it represents leadership, strength and courage as I feel it's very crucial in life and not to mention, lion is one of my favourite animal! Again, I did researches to get more inspiration and I found some, which is the lion of a luxury brand , Versace and other images of lion as well. Then, I designed my own version of lion and transferred it onto AI. Here are some images for you to see how the progress went!

 
Ideations



Ideations



Ideations


Ideations

Final Drawing, scanned 

Then, I transferred it onto AI, naming my clothing  brand 'LIE-ON' representing dominance in man and women as it will be mostly animal theme print clothes, if I were to explain what's the vision of my brand. lol

Process in AI
'Lie On' Final Outcome, front and back view

Bottom view


That's it! My assignment 2 outcomes and process! I hope you enjoyed it and I'll update my next tasks real soon!:)





No comments:

Post a Comment