Thursday, June 9, 2016

Assignment 3

Hey all! It has been months since my previous post about my assignment's journey and here it is! For the third assignment, we are asked to choose a random topic from a newspaper or use the same chosen topic from assignment 1 and create a headline, sub-headline along with the date. 

So, I choose to pick another new topic as I think I could design a headline which could be more creative and simple. I read through theStar online and found a topic that catches my eye the most. It was about a son that is dead, hung on the wall using only electric cables. When his dad saw him, he thought that he was playing around with him as it was April Fool's day. Turns out his son is confirmed dead and there is no reason behind it. The news is taken during the 5th of April 2016. So I extract the news and make ' Death Prank Gone Wrong' as my title and I rearrange the ' Wrong' into ' Worng' to make and illusion because I wanted the audience to acknowledge my design and be alert of what I am designing. The sub-headline also will be ' Son Found Dead During April Fool's Day' as the date is 5th of April 2016.

The process of designing the headline and sub-headline is not that easy as it seemed. I have to study the spacing, fonts and arrangement so that it is easier and comfortable for the audience to read it. But with Miss Fu's guide, I managed to evolve my design from a moderate and normal looking design into a headline I am satisfied with. Here are the photos of the process of designing my headline into a finalized work! :) 



The Process !

1st Design


2nd Design

3rd Design

4th Design

5th Design

6th Design



Finalized Design


Here is the finalised look as you can see the title I chose is Death Prank Gone Worng with a faded gone from dark red to almost invisible and a rearranged word of wrong to wrong. I hope all of you liked is as much as I enjoy the process of designing it! That's it for now and stay tuned for my last and final assignment for this module! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment